« Home | I am an introvert » | I witnessed history in the making...... » | I can't believe it! » | Hmmm..... » | NO POO!?!?!?! » | I am like Galadriel! » | I'm done! » | Burn Notice » | How do we do it? » | Aw CRAP! »



“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
—Mark Twain



I feel like I have always had the travel bug. I LOVE to go to interesting places and see all the things that I have read about in books. I am one of those crazy people who listen captively to docents at historical sites and stare upward and gawk at architecture in the middle of the sidewalk in a busy city.

Maybe I am feeling a little caged due to finances and obligations, but I am longing for a ramble in a glamorously foreign place. I find myself thinking about diverse locations and thinking of all that I would want to see and experience.

Then comes the reality of one income, 2 students, and I have to push that fancy to "2 years from know", "maybe when I graduate", "DEFINITELY before kids", etc. I don't want to turn into that person who looks back later at all that I could have done and didn't. I want to get out there and see things!


“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
–St. Augustine

Great quotes!

I feel your pain. Especially when some people we know go on cruises around the British Isles for a month. I long to retire and travel like that! For now I have to do it through books.....

I've felt this way forever and I finally learned that with me it will probably never be "An ideal time". So, I'm just taking the plunge and going on my dream trip before we have another baby.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm ~Plain Jane~
  • From Sunnyvale, California, United States
My profile

Links

~PlainJane's~ Wishlist
www.kaboodle.com